You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury~

19 December 2009

Brainstorming, Outlining, and Christmas

Well, it's official. I have 2 full weeks with almost no work scheduled that I can devote entirely to my new outline...and to Christmas, of course.

I have a pretty interesting lineup for the week of Christmas, visiting, Church, presents, and the like, but only 1 day of work scheduled (graveyard at the group home). School's out until "next year" (hahahaha)and that leaves plenty of hours in the day for writing...I hope.

I made a commitment to my therapy group to finish my outline by Christmas and have at least 5k written on the story itself by the time we meet again at the first of the year, so I need to get my butt in gear. The commitments we make in group are very important to our treatment and I feel strongly about completing them. I hope to exceed my commitment this time around and have at least 20k pumped out, but I decided to give myself a little cushion of safety (I know, I'm a wimp).

Anybody got fun Christmas plans or writerly angst going on this Holiday season?

~KK~

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with yer words! :D

    My plans are to slouch. A lot. ;-)

    I have stuff to edit, too, but I shan't get a great deal done at this time of year.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slouching sounds fabuloso. And editing sucks.

    ~KK~

    ReplyDelete