Well, it's the first day of 2010 and I guess I should follow the blogging trend and lay out my goals for 2010. I don't have much to recap about 2009, so I'll just skip that part.
I have high hopes for 2010. This is the year that I hope to get some serious work done on my writing. I've spent the last two years talking about wanting to write and how I'm going to write and and and...not writing. It's time that I buckled down and got to it or lay the dream to rest for good.
So here's a general outline of what I want to accomplish in 2010:
1. Finish a MS. I know this sounds lame, but I have a habit of getting involved in a project and then just abandoning it. It's a habit that I need to break. Even if what I'm finishing turns out to be crap, I'm gonna see it through.
2. Finish at least 3 short stories that are of publishable quality. I want to have something to start submitting sometime this year.
3. Finish compiling and editing my poetry anthology.
4. Submit poetry anthology for publishing.
5. Write 500,000 words. This can include novel, short stories, and poetry so long as it's words on page.
6. Write every single day no ifs ands or buts. At least 500, but preferably 1,000 words, every day.
And here's a couple of non-writing goals:
1. Visit my family. I can't handle going 2 years without seeing them. It's just not right.
2. Join a gym.
3. Frequent said gym regularly.
Not too ambitious, is it? I tried to go easy on myself for the first year of really working on my goals. Maybe that's not the way to go, but, oh well.
Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year!!
15 Years - Today marks 15 years since 2 starry eyed kids said “I do”. Kamron and I had no idea what we were in for when we committed our lives to each other way back...
1 week ago