You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury~

30 September 2009

OCD, Much?

Ok, so I know it's not rational and maybe a little bit of a delay tactic, but I have to rant about my work space a little bit.

I don't know about anybody else, but I have this huge obsession with having a workspace that is just the way I like it or else I can't work. And the weird thing is, if my workspace at home is in order and perfect, I can take my computer most ANYWHERE and work just fine. But, if things are out of whack at home it throws me off completely. I can't focus on writing if there's clutter, mess, and/or chaos around me. It gets stuck in my mind and festers there like an old wound, blocking my flow and just plain screwing with my processes.

I guess this has a little to do with why I haven't been writing (Excuses, excuses). My living space looks like a bomb went off and left multipe casualties among the wreckage. It's way overwhelming and it just invades my brain and I just can't cope.

I know this is a lame excuse for not writing, but you really can't fault me for having an OCD brain, right?

I'll get it done. I will, I will.

~KK~

No comments:

Post a Comment